8 Tips to Prepare for International Travel
At Emily's Travel, we love to book vacations around the world! We know traveling internationally is an exhilarating experience, filled with new adventures and unforgettable memories. To make the journey as smooth and seamless as possible we believe that proper preparation is the key to a seamless journey. Before you embark on your global escapade, follow our tips to prepare for international travel guide to ensure a stress-free and enjoyable trip.
8 Tips to Prepare for International Travel
1. Inform Your Credit Card Company: Before jetting off to your dream destination, it's essential to notify your credit card company about your upcoming international trip. This precautionary step prevents any unexpected card freezes due to unusual foreign transactions. Additionally, inquire about your card's foreign transaction fees and opt for cards with lower or waived fees to save on unnecessary expenses.
To Do: Call Credit Card Company, Share Travel Dates, Ask About Fees
2. Be Wary of International Roaming Charges: Communicating with loved ones while abroad is crucial, but it's vital to be aware of international roaming charges imposed by your phone company. Instead, consider using alternative options like Wi-Fi calling apps such as Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp to stay connected without incurring hefty fees. Some phone carriers offer temporary international plans or add-ons, so check with your provider to find the best option for your needs.
To Do: Call Your Cell Phone Company, Share Travel Dates, Ask About Fees
3. Exchange International Currency at Your Bank: Avoid last-minute currency exchange hassles by visiting your local bank before departing. Exchange a portion of your home currency for the destination's local currency. It's best to research the average exchange rates beforehand to ensure you're getting a fair deal.
To Do: Go to Your Bank, Ask to Withdrawal Funds and Order Currency
4. Verify Passport Location and Expiration Date: Your passport is your ticket to exploring the world, so double-check its location and expiration date well in advance. Ensure your passport has at least six months of validity remaining from your planned return date. Make photocopies or store digital copies of your passport and other essential documents, like visas and travel insurance, in a secure place as a precaution.
To Do: Find Passport, Check Expiration Date, Verify Two Blank Pages
5. Review Travel Documents and Verify Personal Information
Before setting off on your international adventure, take a moment to carefully review all your travel documents, including flight itineraries, hotel reservations, and any travel vouchers. Verify that your travel dates, flight times, and personal information (such as your name and passport number) are correct and match exactly as they appear on your identification.
Mistakes on travel documents can lead to unnecessary stress and delays at airports or immigration checkpoints. Ensure that your name on the reservation matches the name on your passport to avoid any potential issues.
To Do: Check for Emails from Emily's Travel for Travel Documents
6. Download Travel Apps Smartphones are invaluable tools for travelers. Download essential travel apps, such as airline and cruise line apps, to access real-time flight updates, boarding passes, and itinerary information. Explore city guides, translation apps, and travel planners to enhance your trip further.
To Do: Confirm travel companies in travel documents and download apps
7. Download Entertainment for the Flight: Long flights can be tiresome, but you can make the journey more enjoyable by downloading movies, TV shows, or music onto your devices before the flight. Check if the airline offers in-flight entertainment options and consider packing a good book for some leisurely reading.
To Do: Download Netflix shows, Audible books, Spotify Playlists, Apple Playlists or other apps for entertainment
8. Plan Excursions and Activities in Advance: Research and plan your excursions and activities ahead of time to optimize your travel experience. Pre-booking tours, museum tickets, or theater shows can save you time and ensure you don't miss out on popular attractions. Flexibility is essential, but having a rough itinerary will help you make the most of your time abroad.
To Do: Review travel documents and contact Emily's Travel if there are any additional activities you're interested in adding to your trip.
With these practical tips, Emily's Travel ensures that your international journey is a delightful and smooth affair. Embrace the excitement of exploring new cultures and discovering breathtaking destinations while being prepared for any adventure that comes your way. Bon voyage!